Webinar: Dynamic Board Series – Session 2 | Governance in a Virtual Setting
Please note due to social distancing restrictions, this will be a virtual event.
COVID-19 has taught us all how to use the technology, but the virtual meeting may be here to stay. Holding Board meetings in virtual format has positives and negatives as a governance tool.
Join Melissa Lovell (Company Secretary Credit Union SA), Kevin Osborn (Chairman VUCA, Deputy Chair Port Adelaide Football Club), Bruce Speirs (Executive, Business Banking, Bendigo Bank) and James Dickson (Partner, Head of Corporate, Piper Alderman) for this engaging Live Virtual Event: “Governance in a Virtual Setting”. Facilitated by David Spear (VUCA)
The panel will explore:
- Pros and cons of virtual meetings, and discuss tips for getting the most out of them.
- How do we manage hybrid board meetings, where some are on screen and others are in the room?
- In the future, will we get used to a mix of meeting formats?
- The virtual AGM, and the key points of the Treasurer’s Determination.
- What is the purpose of an AGM?
- Does the virtual format achieve that purpose?
The panel will leave takeaways on how to achieve good governance in the virtual setting.
Due to current social distancing restrictions, this Dynamic Board session has moved to a virtual setting, so this is a fitting topic.