Employment Relations National Seminar Series – Work Health and Safety – Understanding your obligations and risks – Adelaide
Workplace health and safety should underpin every decision that a business makes because of the potential severe impacts on the physical and mental well-being of those involved at the workplace and the business.
Last year was a busy time for work health and safety reforms with key legislative changes and/or proposals for changes in all states and territories. In addition, the continuing growth of mental health related claims has impacted all businesses. It is therefore vital that organisations understand the impact of these changes on their operations and processes.
Please join the Piper Alderman Employment Relations Team for our next national seminar series which will cover:
- Latest trends and developments in WHS and other legislation including:
- the continued rise in mental health and bullying related claims
- new industrial manslaughter laws; and
- the potential application of whistleblower protections to WHS matters
- Who in an organisation is an officer and therefore may be personally liable for WHS breaches
- Responding to serious incidents:
- Understanding when an incident must be notified to the relevant regulator
- Legal professional privilege and WHS investigations
- The rights and obligations of inspectors in investigating incidents or generally attending a workplace
- Insurance against WHS prosecutions? The latest word.