With historically low unemployment and increased employee mobility post pandemic, many have suggested that Australia is currently experiencing the Great Resignation. While organisations work to retain talent, it is inevitable that employees will change jobs in the current market. The key challenge for many employers is ensuring that the organisation’s staff, customer relationships, confidential information and trade secrets don’t follow the ex-employee to their new job.
Please join Erin McCarthy for a webinar on legal and practical issues in protecting confidential information and minimising the impact of staff turnover.
In this session we will cover:
- What is and isn’t confidential information;
- The challenges of managing confidential information in the current age (bring your own devices, working from home);
- Surveillance of employees’ use of devices and IT resources;
- Use of exit procedures to minimise loss of confidential information;
- Post-employment restraints including non-solicitation and non-competition type clauses;
- How to minimise the risk of departing employees poaching staff and customers; and;
- Contract and policy reviews to provide the best foundation to protect your organisation’s valuable information and relationships.