A practical and comprehensive review of essential leasing requirements under the Retail and Commercial Leases Act 1995 (SA) (which has widely applicable effects for most commercial leases in South Australia) and other statutory protections redressing imbalance between landlord and tenants.
This session will equip in-house counsel to obtain an understanding of the statutory frameworks in existence protecting and delineating the rights of tenants’ privy to retail and commercial leases. This session is designed to equip in-house counsel with insights to identify issues and navigate complexities when transacting a commercial lease in South Australia.
In this session, we will cover:
- Pre-contract phase and the benefits of term sheets
- An overview of provisions implied in retail and commercial leases.
- Impact of unfair contract legislation in the context of leasing transactions.
- Incentive structures given their prominence in leasing transactions.
- Equipping in-house counsel with practical insights for strategic decision-making.
This session will be relevant for in-house counsel roles and property professionals.
This in-person session is open to all organisations, excluding other legal service providers.