Adam’s practice includes all areas of property, infrastructure and contract law and he advises on strategic, commercial and legal issues affecting all forms of property related matters.
His focus is on the acquisition, development, leasing and disposal of residential, commercial, industrial, licensed and retail properties. He specialises in the negotiation and documentation of large scale property acquisitions and disposals, and associated due diligence processes. He has acted in relation to the sale and purchase of numerous large industrial sites, shopping centres and CBD office buildings. He also has considerable experience in dealing with real estate elements of major complex corporate transactions.
He is significantly experienced in the negotiation and documentation of leases and advises both landlords and tenants in relation to their rights and obligations as owners and occupants. He also provides stamp duty, land tax and GST advice and negotiates with landlords, tenants, builders, financiers and FIRB.
Adam prides himself on delivering clients with confident, timely, professional and well considered advice that considers not only the legal aspects but also the financial and commercial elements of the transaction.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Leasing Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Real Property Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Recommended Lawyer for Real estate – 2021 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Property and Real Estate Lawyer (South Australia) – 2021
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Leasing Lawyer (South Australia) – 2019, 2020 and 2021
Recent deals and media coverage
- Member, State Development and Taxation Committee – SA, Property Council of Australia, 2021
09 August 2021
Commercial tenancy relief amidst further lockdowns – what are your obligations as a landlord and...Read More
07 July 2020
Landlord Update: Essential changes to retail and commercial leasing legislation in South AustraliaRead More
23 June 2020
Essential changes to retail and commercial leasing legislation in South AustraliaRead More
14 May 2020