All lawyers will be faced with ethical issues from time to time during their careers. In this session we’ll consider a few which commonly arise in practice and address the question ‘What should I do?’.
- I’ve received a document or information that obviously wasn’t intended for me.
- I’ve accidently sent a document or information to someone who it shouldn’t have gone to.
- I’ve realised that I’ve provided inaccurate information about my client/employer to an opponent/court/regulator
- I’m being invited to publicly comment on a matter involving my client/employer
- I’m being asked to change/redact/withdraw my advice.
- I’ve received a draft of an expert’s report, and I think it should be changed.
- When can I deal directly with someone that’s represented by another lawyer?
This session will be relevant for all in-house counsel roles.