Shannon has been providing specialist legal advice and services to the financial services sector for over 35 years. His practice has evolved to meet the changing needs of his clients and the increasing complexity of the regulatory environment in which they operate. He advises financial service providers operating throughout Australia and acts for banks, mutual banks, credit unions, building societies and others in the financial services sector.
The areas in which Shannon provides advice and services to financial services providers include:
- regulatory compliance (including consumer credit)
- corporate governance
- mergers and acquisitions
- commercial arrangements
- delivery channels and electronic commerce
- commercial and specialist lending transactions
- enforcement of credit contracts and securities
- dispute resolution (internal and external) and litigation.
Shannon has a particularly outstanding reputation for his expertise in relation to the legal aspects of the documenting, delivery and marketing of retail financial services. He works closely with many clients in relation to product development and the drafting of terms, conditions and other template documents. Shannon also assists his clients with the preparation of compliant but effective advertising materials.
Shannon is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He the Chairman of World Vision Australia and a Director of World Vision International.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Banking and Finance Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2020 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Corporate/Governance Practice (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2019 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Banking & Finance – SA, 2016 to 2018
Recent deals and media coverage
- Piper Alderman takes team from Hunt & Hunt – Lawyers Weekly, 15 January 2016
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Chairman, World Vision Australia
- Director, World Vision International
- Deputy Chair – Financial Services Committee, Law Council of Australia – Business Law Section