Changes to Australia’s unfair contract terms regime take effect on 9 November 2023 which introduce more serious consequences for businesses who include, apply or rely on unfair contract terms in their standard form consumer and small business contracts.
Now is the time for businesses to review their consumer and small business contracts to ensure they are up to date before the changes take effect.
In this session, we will cover:
- The current unfair contract terms regime and recent history
- What contracts the regime applies to
- What is an unfair contract term
- What changes are taking effect in November
- Examples of terms that are considered to be unfair contract terms
- What businesses need to do before November.
This session will be relevant for all in-house counsel roles and compliance managers.