Piper Alderman is pleased to invite you to the second instalment of our PLATFORM event series for 2023.
We are delighted to have Katherine Gilbey, Director of KG Consulting Co. joining us for an informative, practical and interactive session to understand how behavioural cues can help you develop strong valuable relationships.
There are many barriers that affect how we behave when we are communicating a message, and these can affect both the message we are trying to convey and what we are trying to achieve. This session investigates the good, the bad and the ugly of verbal, written and behavioural communication habits that impact our effectiveness in the workplace.
We will cover:
- the importance of emotional intelligence (EQ) and understanding behavioural cues in a modern workplace
- different types of communication styles and how they impact you, and others
- essential traits of good communicators, and amusing traits of ‘bad’ communicators
- how to read non-verbal communication cues (including body language, expressions, gestures, eye gaze, haptics and proxemics)
- how to adjust your tone to get more cut through with your audience (including paralinguistics and written tone)
- different types of handshakes, and what they say about people
- practical tips for managing your reactions and emotions to impress your stakeholders
Attendees of this session will walk away with practical tips they can implement immediately to feeling more confident about professional social situations. This includes networking, internal and external meetings, performance reviews and discussions with clients, referrers and colleagues.
|This event is open to all organisations, excluding other legal service providers..|