Join our nationally recognised employment relations partner, Ben Motro, for our ‘Employment Law Essentials’ masterclass.
Take it from the Experts
Every participant, regardless of their level of experience, will walk away with career-enhancing lessons and tips, and with a strong foundational understanding of key employment law concepts.
In this interactive workshop we will be covering:
- Understanding and interpreting the National Employment Standards, and long service leave legislation
- Understanding and interpreting Modern Award coverage, consideration of key award entitlements, and interaction with employment contracts and other industrial instruments
- Dealing with employee records – privacy law considerations, and record keeping obligations under the Fair Work Act
- Engaging casual staff and independent contractors – avoiding the traps
- Drafting compliant employment contracts, including:
- engaging staff in the correct manner
- understanding which contract should be used
- key employment terms and hints for drafting
- interaction with company policies and things to be wary of
- Factors to consider when ending the employment
These sessions will be conducted via Microsoft Teams. We will be limiting the number of attendees to ensure that the session remains as interactive as possible.
In order to encourage open discussion amongst participants, the sessions are conducted subject to everyone agreeing to the Chatham House Rule, which means participants can use the information in practice in their business but should not identify any organisation, individual or information that can be used to identify them.