The culture of parties passing as much risk as possible down the contracting food chain is heavily ingrained in the construction industry. However, recent changes to the unfair contract terms (UCT) regime have the potential to dramatically alter this traditional risk allocation.
The new UCT regime, taking effect from November, will both expand the scope of the regime, and substantially increase the penalties for parties seeking to rely on an unfair contract term.
In this webinar we considered:
- A summary of the UCT regime
- What are the proposed changes?
- What are the penalties for non-compliance?
- Case study examples of unfair contract terms
- How should your business prepare for the changes?
|The workshop is open to all organisations, excluding other legal service providers.|