Ben is a strategic advisor across the full project lifecycle, from procurement and contract administration through to dispute resolution and avoidance. He has particular expertise in the strategic management and resolution of complex disputes involving major infrastructure projects. He has worked with clients across a range of industries, including power (renewable and non-renewable), transport, utilities and property development.
In addition to managing formal disputes, Ben typically assists clients in four key areas.
- Where a project has been significantly delayed or is otherwise in distress.
- Where there are allegations that works are defective.
- Working to secure (or deny) cashflow on a project via statutory adjudication, claims preparation or commercial negotiations.
- Advisory work regarding risk allocation and mitigation, claims and contract administration.
Ben’s initial focus is on collaborating with clients to understand their commercial objectives, and then developing and implementing strategies to achieve those objectives cost-effectively. Where a formal dispute is unavoidable, Ben has a strong reputation as an astute litigator in forums such as adjudication, expert determination, arbitration and litigation.
Ben is known for achieving successful outcomes for his clients though practical, commercially sensible advice, technical excellence and emotional intelligence.
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers – Victoria, 2022 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Construction & Infrastructure Rising Stars – Australia, 2021 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Member, Society of Construction Law
- Member, Building Dispute Practitioners Society