Andrew has acted in a substantial number of successful complex litigious matters in various State and Federal Courts and he has acted for and advised clients across a wide range of industries and professions including building and construction, engineering, defence and professional practice. Andrew advises clients strategically about their dispute and how best to achieve the outcome they seek. He regularly appears in Court as counsel on behalf of his clients.
Andrew is skilled in achieving client outcomes through mediation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). He advises clients regarding the advantages and disadvantages on using ADR. Where ADR is used he often appears as counsel on behalf of his clients. Andrew is qualified in mediation and arbitration (domestic and international), was a National Councillor and National Treasurer of the Institute of Arbitrator and Mediators and was the Treasurer of the South Australian Chapter.
He is a founder and current National Chair of the Society of Construction Law Australia. He has advised on various aspects of construction contracts, both front end and back end, and advised on construction adjudication claims in several States.
Andrew Robertson is ‘commercial, experienced, and efficient’.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading lawyer for Construction & Infrastructure Litigation – SA, 2016 to 2021
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS)
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Fellow, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Fellow, Resolution Institute
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Fellow, Philippines Institute of Arbitrators
- Chair, International Legal Practice Committee – Law Society of South Australia
- Member, ADR Committee – Law Society of South Australia
- Member, LAWASIA ADR and Litigation Committee
- Founder & National Chair, Society of Construction Law Australia
- Member, Construction and Infrastructure Committee – Law Council of Australia