On 27 October 2022, the Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Secure Jobs, Better Pay) Bill 2022 (Bill) was tabled in the Commonwealth Parliament. The Bill represents the first major attempt by the recently elected Labor Government to seek to alter industrial relations legislation following the Jobs and Skills Summit in September 2022 (you can read more about that here.)
You may have seen the headlines, but what is really in the Bill, and how will these proposed changes, if passed, impact your organisation and workforce strategy? And what other changes could still be coming?
- broaden the capacity for employees to request flexible working arrangements
- restrict the use of fixed-term contracts
- close the gender pay gap, including through banning pay secrecy clauses
- expand the options for multi-employer bargaining
- simplify the process for approving enterprise agreements
- change the rules on the termination of agreements, and
- abolish the Australian Building and Construction Commission and the Registered Organisations Commission.
Always insightful and well informed. Thank you!
I enjoy these sessions as they provide a great overview of what is happening.
Thanks for an informative, succinct and practically-focused presentation on what are significant changes that are being proposed
The Q&A discussion offered great insight and assisted my understanding of the Bill.
This was the best webinar I have attended in a long time – both the content and way it was presented. Responding to individual questions was excellent and greatly appreciated. Well done!
Tim- Awesome presentation this is great timing, as we are doing a lot of work around the psychosocial hazards and the NSW/QLD Codes of Practice.
Valuable insight re changes. Interaction between Tim and Andrew at end assisted in presenting both viewpoints.