Tim is an employment relations lawyer with over 19 years’ specialist employment relations experience at top-tier and mid-tier firms.
Tim’s work focuses on achievement of commercial results with minimum disruption to the workplace through a combination of expert knowledge and a practical approach. He provides representation and advice on contentious and non-contentious matters.
Tim’s expertise encompasses a wide range of employment and industrial relations matters including the drafting and negotiation of enterprise agreements and awards, resolving industrial disputes, terminations and unfair dismissals, employment contracts and policies, issues around employee records and privacy, anti-discrimination, management of whistleblower disclosures, and work health and safety.
His diverse client base includes commercial organisations from a range of sectors including professional services, health, transport, retail, telecommunications and construction.
Tim has particular experience dealing with highly unionised workforces, as well as sensitive and strategic executive employment issues.
He is an experienced advocate, and brings a focus to negotiations and litigation that enables quick, efficient and appropriate resolution of disputes in Courts and industrial tribunals.
Piper Alderman’s employment team is led by the ‘astute and measured’ Tim Lange, who is ‘sensational to work with, responsive, attentive and aware of the client’s needs and expectations’. The ‘creative’ and ‘no nonsense’ Tim Lange… ‘has the confidence of senior-level clients’… and is commended for his ‘very strategic approach, deep understanding, clear communication and warmth’.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Labour and employment
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Labour and Employment Law – since 2015 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended Lawyer for Labour & Employment Law – since 2016 edition
- Australasian Lawyer’s HOT List in 2016
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Finalist for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year in 2016, 2017 & 2018
Recent deals and media coverage
- The web of laws whistleblowers navigate to expose wrongdoing – The Canberra Times, 21 June 2019
- Piper Alderman partner shines light on whistleblower reforms – Lawyers Weekly, 21 August 2018
- Australian Labour Law Association
29 June 2020
Planning for the end of JobKeeper flexibility – revisiting Employee entitlement to access paid personal...Read More
29 April 2020
Webinar Q&As: Employment Relations National Seminar Series – Managing Mental Health in the WorkplaceRead More
09 April 2020
COVID-19 Webinar Q&As: Coronavirus Resilience and Recovery – Legal Responses to COVID-19Read More
31 March 2020
JobKeeper Payment – A Wage Subsidy Scheme for Businesses Affected by CoronavirusRead More
31 March 2020