John is a trusted adviser and advocate for his property clients in Australia and Asia, including developers, investors, property managers and financiers.
He focuses on property acquisitions and disposals, development, finance, leasing and management. Further, John assists overseas clients with foreign investment rules.
John represents his investor clients with managing significant projects, including shopping centres, office towers, business parks, hotels, entertainment precincts and mixed-use properties.
John represents his developer clients with managing all stages of their residential, commercial and industrial developments, from acquisition due diligence to ‘off the plan’ sales, negotiations with council and finance.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, John practiced taxation at one of the ‘big 4’ accounting firms.
Drawing on his finance and accounting background, and actively collaborating with other advisors, John provides holistic advice and delivers practical and commercial outcomes for his clients.
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Recommended for Real Estate – 2022 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- CSIRO Sells Highett Site for $90m – The Urban Developer, 23 July 2020
- Acquisition of 424-426 St Kilda Road – The Urban Developer, 2 August 2019
- Acquisition of Century City Walk and Novotel – Realcommercial.com.au, 25 July 2019
- Acquisition of 509 St Kilda Road – Australian Financial Review, 5 November 2018
- Management of the World Trade Centre – Development Ready, 8 February 2017