Alasdair is the Joint Head of the Melbourne office, and has over 20 years’ experience providing strategic and timely advice, advocacy and transaction services to a range of public and private clients in the areas of corporate and commercial law.
He has a particular focus on acquisitions and disposals of businesses, mergers, joint ventures and other strategic alliances, equity and debt financing of early stage and established businesses, establishing and advising managed investment funds, commercialisation of intellectual property, corporate governance and corporate advisory (including Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules).
Alasdair has broad experience across a number of industries, and has significant cross border and direct foreign investment experience, having worked in Australia, Europe and North America.
He has been awarded a First Class Honours degree in Law from the Australian National University, and a Master of Laws from the University of Sydney and is recognised for his expertise in a number of legal guides, including The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific.
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Corporate and M&A – 2019 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Corporate/M&A – Vic, 2016 to 2019
Recent deals and media coverage
- Leading firms help create Australia’s largest integrated drinks and hospitality business – Australasian Lawyer, 11 July 2019
- Merger to create ‘Australia’s largest’ hospitality group – Lawyers Weekly, 11 July 2019
- Principal flags appetite in Melbourne legal market – Lawyers Weekly, 10 June 2019
- Australia shows Chinese stocks the door – Nikkei Asian Review, 23 May 2019
- Law firm merger 1 year on – Lawyers Weekly, 27 November 2018
- National jumps on mid-tier merger express – Lawyers Weekly, 9 October 2017
- Piper Alderman merges with Norton Gledhill – Australasian Lawyer, 6 October 2017