Marcus is a leading commercial property lawyer specialising in land acquisitions and sales, strata law, telecommunications, retail, industrial and commercial leasing and all aspects of property development, with a particular focus on the child care industry.
Marcus acts for a number of prominent child care centre operators, high profile individuals, television presenters, celebrities, property developers, private client groups, shopping centre landlords, tenants as well as various local and state Government departments. His extensive expertise extends to compulsory acquisition of land and Government specific transactions.
Marcus is highly regarded for his negotiating skills and prompt turnaround. Marcus draws on his practical skills and comprehensive industry knowledge obtained through the many complex transactions and industry bodies and committees to add value to his clients.
He is a member of the Law Society’s Property Law Committee and regularly contributes to articles and seminars on changes to the law.
- Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2022 – Real Estate
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Real Property Law (Sydney, AU) – 2024 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Piper Alderman expands Sydney office with McCabes team – Australasian Lawyer, 17 February 2022
- Piper Alderman adds planning and environment team, and real estate partner, from McCabes – Lawyers Weekly, 31 January 2022
- Member, The Law Society of NSW – Property Law Committee