Nick’s experience spans a broad range of litigation and alternative dispute resolution processes across various state and federal courts and tribunals. Nick has a thorough understanding of the drivers of the successful resolution of complex litigation. Having held senior in house and private practice roles he appreciates the need for legal and technical excellence to be guided by the desired commercial outcome. The foundation of optimal outcomes has its foundation in a cohesive and collaborative approach between client and lawyer.
He has considerable experience in acting for clients in both the aviation and insurance sectors. Nick has acted for many of the major airlines and their insurers across a range of issues. In the insurance sector his primary focus was on professional indemnity matters.
Nick has been a member of the QLS Ethics Committee for 8 years and is a former member of the Australian Insurance Law Association Committee (Qld Branch).
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Legal Malpractice Law “Lawyer of the Year” (Brisbane, AU) – 2022 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Ethics and Professional Responsibility Practice (Brisbane, AU) – Since 2023 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Professional Malpractice Litigation (Brisbane, AU) – Since 2023 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Insurance Law (Brisbane, AU) – since 2022 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Legal Malpractice Litigation (Brisbane, AU) – since 2022 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- National firm appoints dispute resolution partner – Lawyers Weekly, 3 February 2017
- Member, Queensland Law Society – Ethics Committee