Joanne is an experienced commercial litigator and insolvency lawyer within Piper Alderman’s Restructuring & Insolvency Team in Melbourne.
Joanne acts for insolvency practitioners, accountants, company directors, secured and unsecured creditors and shareholders of companies facing financial distress or difficulties, which can sometimes lead to receivership, administration, or liquidation.
Joanne regularly acts for parties involved in a range of commercial disputes including shareholder disputes, breach of contract cases, claims for breach of director’s duties, equitable claims, and misleading and deceptive conduct cases. Joanne prosecutes and defends claims for clients in all Victorian courts, regularly appearing herself or instructing Counsel in the Supreme Court of Victoria and in the Federal Court of Australia.
Joanne is a respected practitioner within the Melbourne legal market whose clients and colleagues trust and rely on to help resolve their complex legal issues. Joanne is a personable lawyer who is dedicated to achieving the best results for her clients. She is able to identify and tackle legal issues quickly and cost effectively, whilst ensuring that outcomes that are practical and commercial.
Joanne has been a Professional Member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA) for many years. She regularly presents to clients and colleagues on insolvency related topics and developments in the law in this area. Joanne is recognised as a leading restructuring and insolvency lawyer in Doyle’s Guide, Best Lawyers and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
The ‘experienced and client-focused’ Joanne Hardwick, has been ‘a strong addition to the Melbourne team’.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Restructuring and Insolvency
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Alternative Dispute Resolution (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2022 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Insolvency and Reorganization Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2020 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Litigation (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Restructuring and Insolvency – 2019 & 2021 editions
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Insolvency and Restructuring – Vic, 2017 to 2019
Recent deals and media coverage
- Hall & Wilcox, Piper Alderman take DibbsBarker partners – Australasian Lawyer, 27 March 2018
- Remaining DibbsBarker partners reveal next move – Lawyers Weekly, 23 March 2018
- Professional Member, Australian Restructuring, Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria
- Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors