Karyn is an experienced construction and infrastructure professional, having specialised exclusively in construction and infrastructure law since 1995.
She provides whole of project support and advice to companies developing, designing and delivering construction and infrastructure projects and is particularly experienced in claim assessment and dispute resolution.
Karyn has resolved numerous complex construction and engineering disputes using her recognised expertise in adjudication, mediation, arbitration and expert appraisal.
Karyn regularly advises on construction and infrastructure project delivery options for both public and private sector projects, construction and infrastructure contract risks, construction and infrastructure contract management and construction and infrastructure contract administration.
Since the 2013 edition, Karyn has been recognised by the Best Lawyers™ in Australia in the area of Construction/Infrastructure Law.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Construction/Infrastructure Law (Brisbane, AU) – Since 2013 edition
- Graded Arbitrator
Recent deals and media coverage
- Piper Alderman expands Brisbane office with new partner – Lawyers Weekly, 2 June 2021
- Piper Alderman grows projects practice with new partner – Australasian Lawyer, 1 June 2021
- Member, Resolution Institute
- Member, Queensland Law Society Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
08 November 2023
IT’S HERE: Unfair Contract Terms – New reforms in effect from 9 November 2023Read More
30 June 2022
Queensland Building and Construction Commission: Structural and Cultural Change is ComingRead More
22 March 2022
A FIFO Tale: Tell him he’s dreamin’: Employer liable for sleepwalker who urinates on co-workerRead More
16 November 2017