Kate specialises in major commercial, corporate and insolvency litigation.
Kate has acted on a range of matters including regulatory, corporate and commercial disputes and litigation with particular focus on contractual and transactional disputes, corporations legislation, competition and consumer legislation, securities litigation, disputes concerning alleged breaches of trust and fiduciary duties, and representative (class action) proceedings for both plaintiffs and defendants.
In this last 10 years, Kate has acted in a range of high profile and complex disputes involving ASX listed companies, financial services providers and high net worth individuals.
With class actions now well-recognised as a leading avenue for dispute resolution in Australia, Kate’s practice focuses on plaintiff class action work, seeking to enhance the protection of rights and access to remedies by members of Australian society who would otherwise be denied redress as a result of the wrongful acts and conduct of large financial institutions and other corporate entities.
‘Kate Sambrook is a really clear thinker and problem solver who deserves to make partner. Practical, likeable, and easy to work with.’
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Dispute Resolution: Class Actions – 2023 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Alternative Dispute Resolution (Sydney, AU) in ‘Ones to Watch’ – Since 2023 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Rising Star for Dispute Resolution: Class Actions – 2023 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- IC Markets subject of potential class action – Lawyers Weekly, 28 November 2023
- IG Markets hit with another class action over ‘highly risky’ financial products – InvestorDaily, 15 August 2023
- Piper Alderman promotes 4, including 1 to partner – Lawyers Weekly, 18 December 2022