Will is a taxation specialist at Piper Alderman who provides state, federal and international taxation advice to a range of corporate, commercial and private clients.
Much of Will’s work involves the provision of specialist taxation advice in the context of corporate restructures, business sale transactions and private client advisory. Will also advises the charities sector in relation to a range of taxation and governance issues.
In addition to advisory work, Will also manages disputes with state and federal taxation authorities, and has an excellent track record in securing positive outcomes for his clients.
Will’s knowledge and expertise is well recognised both internally and externally. Will regularly authors taxation law updates and has presented papers on a number of occasions at The Tax Institute. Will has also completed a Master of Tax at Melbourne University. He also has a depth of expertise in the not-for-profit sector advising NFPs on a range of issues including restructuring, tax endorsement and compliance, and directors’ duties.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Tax Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2020 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Tax – SA, 2019 & 2020
Recent deals and media coverage
- Board member, Operation Flinders Foundation
- Member, Tax Roundtable Committee, Tax Institute
- Member, Professional Development Committee, Tax Institute
- Industry Representative, State Tax Liaison Committee, Revenue SA
- Member, Financial Services Institute of Australasia
21 December 2021
Lexology Getting the Deal Through – Cryptoassests & Blockchain Australia, 2022 EditionRead More
13 May 2021
Budget 2021 | ESS interests: Australia finally catches up with the rest of the worldRead More
28 May 2020
VIDEO: Understanding The Commercial Code Of Conduct And Commercial Leasing During COVID-19Read More
31 March 2020