Piper Alderman has developed a reputation in the market as the ‘go to’ firm in Australia due to our expertise in blockchain and cryptocurrency. We pride ourselves on bringing tradition and innovation together to benefit our clients.
The rapid development and adoption of blockchain and technology in financial services presents new opportunities and challenges across diverse areas including financial services regulation, tax, privacy, anti-money laundering, contracts and corporate structuring.
Piper Alderman’s team is passionate about the power of FinTech and in particular blockchain/distributed ledger technology, to improve the speed and efficiency of business. We bring together our lawyers’ experience in software development, financial services, tax, corporate and commercial.
We advise established businesses and start-ups on how to navigate a challenging regulatory space by building a thorough understanding of their software and projects.
Our experience in this new field includes:
- Early stage strategic risk analysis
- Company structuring and company set up
- Capital raising
- Digital Security / Security Token issuance
- Digital Currency Exchange compliance
- Contracts involving blockchain / token aspects
- Privacy compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering / Counter-Terrorism Financing Compliance
- Financial Services licensing
- Cryptocurrency tax advice
- International tax advice
- Cryptocurrency & employment issues
- Private Key Generation and Security
- Australian market entry