Geoff has 25 years’ experience in the construction and infrastructure sectors.
He works with many of the construction industry’s major organisations on projects from start to finish. His expertise includes advice on tenders, contract drafting and negotiation through to project finalisation including claims preparation and advice, as well as dispute resolution. Geoff acts for owners, contractors and facility managers on all types of contracting and procurement.
He has experience in public-private partnerships, lump sum and guaranteed maximum price tendering, as well as construction management and other contracting delivery methods, including early works (such as demolition and earthworks) and design package preparation with subsequent novation to the successful design and construct tenderer.
The ‘extremely bright’ Geoffrey Emmett is an ‘exceptional lawyer who always adds value’, ‘a great lateral thinker’ and ‘a highly intelligent lawyer with a knack for problem solving and navigating a path through the litigation process’. ‘[He] has mind a capable of working from many angles. His depth of understanding of the law, for all its strengths and weaknesses is impressive.’
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Construction
- Lexology Client Choice Awards – Construction – 2019
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Construction / Infrastructure Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2013 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Construction – Since 2013
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Front End Construction & Infrastructure Lawyers – Victoria, 2017 – 2020 editions
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers – Victoria, 2019 – 2021 & 2023 editions
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Construction Lawyers – Victoria, 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016 editions
Recent deals and media coverage:
- ASX-listed company advised on $325m redevelopment project – Lawyers Weekly, 9 March 2017
- New schools on the agenda under PPP – Lawyers Weekly, 24 November 2015