Mark is a corporate, securities and funds partner with over 25 years’ Australian, United States, and international experience working in Sydney and New York.
Mark has a particular focus on Australian and cross border securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, fund and managed investment structuring and joint ventures involving companies located in Australia and international jurisdictions. Mark also represents New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ listed companies in their operations and investments in Australia.
Mark works intimately with Australian, US, and other off-shore corporate management teams, fund managers, investment banks, and other advisors on all aspects of executing transactions and establishing corporate groups, funds and transaction structures.
Mark’s investment fund practice includes advising leading Australian and U.S. private equity fund, hedge fund and activist fund managers in relation to investments, fund raising, structuring and regulatory issues.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Corporate Law (Sydney, AU) – Since 2014 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Equity Capital Markets (Sydney, AU) – Since 2015 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Sydney, AU) – Since 2014 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Private Equity Law (Sydney, AU) – Since 2014 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Venture Capital Law (Sydney, AU) – Since 2018 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Toronto-based battery minerals company finalises $130m takeover – Lawyers Weekly, 22 May 2019
- Calix offers $65 million on ASX – Lawyers Weekly, 26 July 2018
- New corporate partner for Piper Alderman – Lawyers Weekly, 20 April 2016