Thomas is a leading restructuring and insolvency practitioner, as well as an expert in Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) litigation and securities enforcement.
Thomas’ insolvency-related work includes advice and representation to company boards, liquidators, receivers, administrators and bankruptcy trustees, with specific expertise in voidable transaction claims, remuneration and priority issues, statutory and regulatory compliance and stakeholder negotiations. He has assisted directors of companies in financial distress, bringing to the table not only his industry connections and knowledge of the technical rules and regulations, but also years of real world experience in assisting company directors to work their way through the commercial realities of a financial crisis.
During his career, Thomas has acted in a number of high-profile insolvency and turnaround matters across a range of industries such as property development, retail, manufacturing, logistics, information technology and communications, automotive and aviation.
Thomas Russell in Sydney is ‘quick to develop and articulate compelling arguments and commercial solutions’.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Restructuring and insolvency
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Restructuring and insolvency – 2019 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Disputes lawyer leaves boutique for national – Lawyers Weekly, 21 March 2016
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Asian Australian Lawyers Association and WINA (NSW)
31 March 2020