Cheryl has extensive experience in commercial dispute resolution, with a particular focus on insolvency. She acts for a variety of clients including state-owned and international corporations, associations and individuals, liquidators, administrators and receivers.
Advising on all areas of insolvency, Cheryl has worked on several high profile cases including proceedings brought by the ACCC against the AMI companies in administration, the administration of companies within the St Hilliers Group, the administration of BC3 Thoroughbreds Pty Ltd and van Eyk Research Pty Ltd.
Cheryl has also worked on a number of large litigation cases, including the rebuilding of the James Hardie insurance program, proceedings in London in relation to the collapse of HIH Insurance, three major proceedings for NSW Lotteries and a major class action against two former superannuation companies. Cheryl has also worked on a major international fraud case which saw her take witness statements in Romania, France and the United Kingdom.
‘I have worked with Cheryl Weston on a number of occasions and find her to be an excellent practitioner in the area and great to deal with.’
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Restructuring and Insolvency – 2023 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Key Lawyer for Restructuring and Insolvency, 2023 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor, Federal and High Courts of Australia
- Member, Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Member, Insol International
- Member, Banking & Financial Services Law Association