James has over 25 years experience in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on a wide range of corporate structuring, acquisitions, disposals, capital raisings, listings, venture capital transactions, corporate governance advice, shareholder disputes, commercialisation of intellectual property, employee share plans and commercial contracts.
James has advised listed and unlisted companies and private equity funds in a wide range of transactions in both Australia and Europe.
James Macdonald displays ‘an amazing work ethic’, ‘is calm under pressure and is extremely competent’.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Corporate and M&A
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Venture Capital Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2022 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A – 2019 & 2021 editions
Recent deals and media coverage
- Collingwood board latest: Supreme Court to hear Pies’ boardroom stoush – Herald Sun, 12 August, 2021
- Top firms help Australian juice maker tap Chinese market – Australasian Lawyer, 9 October 2018
- Water and waste controller sold to French multinational – Lawyers Weekly, 9 October 2018
- Independent Aussie liquid carrier acquired – Lawyers Weekly, 26 June 2018
- National jumps on mid-tier merger express – Lawyers Weekly, 9 October 2017
- Piper Alderman merges with Norton Gledhill – Australasian Lawyer, 6 October 2017
- Non-Executive Director, McColl’s Holdings
- Melbourne Cricket Club
18 February 2021
Frydenberg gives listed companies a shield against continuous disclosure breachesRead More
30 October 2020