With almost 30 years’ experience, Richard is a leader in the real estate sector with experience in the strategic planning, negotiation and delivery of major real estate projects, complex developments and syndicated investment structures. He specialises in high end, complex property transactions within the corporate transactional space and is also known for his ability to execute large and complex transactions in a timely and cost efficient way.
Having serviced some of Australia’s biggest investment platforms and public sector bodies throughout his career, Richard has a detailed understanding of the Australian real estate sector and property investment risks and drivers. He also has significant experience acting for clients on projects ranging from the commercial, residential, hotel and hospitality sectors.
Richard is highly skilled with title analysis and subdivision, transaction structuring, joint ventures, acquisitions and disposals (direct and indirect), development, investment, capital raising, foreign investment controls, leasing, due diligence, risk assessment and mitigation. Additionally, Richard also has significant experience in dealing with vendors and purchasers, developers, investors, brokers, fund managers, financiers, government and local government, consultants, contractors, landlords and tenants.
Richard has a detailed understanding of Australian property markets and excellent industry connectivity.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Leasing Law (Sydney, AU) – Since 2023 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Real Property Law (Sydney, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- Who’s Who Legal – Real Estate Expert, 2022
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific – Recommended for Real estate, 2020 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers – New South Wales, 2014, 2015 & 2018 editions
Recent deals and media coverage
- Member, Property Council of Australia (NSW)