Tony is Piper Alderman’s Managing Partner. He specialises in commercial property and has particular expertise acting in relation to retail and office developments, residential and mixed use projects, commercial tenancies, community and strata title matters.
Tony provides stamp duty and GST advice and negotiates with landlords, tenants, builders, financiers and the FIRB.
Tony has been recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for his “confident, timely, professional and well considered advice” and his “breadth of knowledge” with client feedback describing him as “a very competent, no fuss lawyer” who “gets stuff done quickly and efficiently”.
Tony was named ‘Adelaide Lawyer of the Year’ in the 2019 edition for Leasing Law in The Best Lawyers in Australia, and has been recognised every year by Best Lawyers for Real Property Law since 2012, including being named ‘Adelaide Lawyer of the Year’ in the 2013 edition.
‘Tony Britten-Jones stands out due to his knowledge and efficiency. He does not run up a client’
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2021 edition: Australia – Real estate
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended Lawyer for Real Estate – Since 2013
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Real Property “Lawyer of the Year” (Adelaide, AU) – 2013 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Leasing Law “Lawyer of the Year” (Adelaide, AU) – 2018 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Leasing Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2018 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Real Property Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2012 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyers – South Australia, 2012 & 2016 to 2021 editions
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Health & Aged Care Lawyers – South Australia, 2017 to 2019 editions
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Leasing Lawyers – South Australia, 2019 & 2020 editions
Recent deals and media coverage
- LawTech Talks: The role of law firms as legal departments reinvent themselves – Lawyers Weekly, 24 November 2023
- Piper Alderman a ‘natural fit’ for clients out west – Lawyers Weekly, 4 April 2022
- Law firm sets work from home limits – Australian Financial Review, 3 December 2020
- Growth, if managed properly, enhances experience for employees and clients – Lawyers Weekly, 11 July 2019
- Is 2019 set to see more law firm mergers? – Lawyers Weekly, 8 January 2019
- Law firm merger one year on – Lawyers Weekly, 27 November 2018
- Firm marks office relocation with bolstered partnership – Lawyers Weekly, 22 July 2018
- National jumps on mid-tier merger express – Lawyers Weekly, 8 October 2017
- Member, Property Council of South Australia
24 January 2020