Rod is a leading succession and trusts practitioner in Piper Alderman’s Private Client Services team.
His expertise includes advising on trust law, including charitable trusts and foundations, will trusts, self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) and trust related corporate, property and commercial issues. For more than two decades he has advised family businesses on succession strategies and related dispute resolution.
Rod regularly represents trust beneficiaries and institutional and individual trustees upon fiduciary duties, trust administration and is an experienced advocate in complex family inheritance disputes and contested wills and trust estates. He regularly appears in the Supreme Court in those disputes. His experience is recognised by his full membership of the international Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP).
His expertise to advise on SMSFs is recognised by his accreditation as a SMSF Specialist Advisor (SAA)TM by the SMSF Association of Australia.
Since 2015 Rod and Piper Alderman have been ranked by Doyle’s guide as leading and recommended lawyer’s lawyers in Wills and Estates Succession Planning and Litigation for South Australia.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Wealth Management / Succession Planning Practice (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2022 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Wills, Estates & Succession Planning – SA, 2019
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Wills, Estates & Succession Planning – SA, 2017 to 2018 and 2020
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Wills & Estates Litigation – SA, 2015 to 2017 and 2020
- Director, Country Arts Foundation
- Member, SMSF Association
- Member, STEP – SA Branch
01 April 2021
Production of will files in Estate Litigation: check your (legal professional) privilegeRead More
19 June 2020
Estate Costs: Executors need to be timely but beneficiaries should also hasten to cautionRead More
14 May 2020