Travis is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology team, working alongside Tim O’Callaghan.
Travis works primarily in litigation and dispute resolution, and brings experience in trade mark, patent and copyright disputes in most Australian jurisdictions. He is an experienced commercial litigator and has advised defence contractors, national food and beverage retailers, international mining tools suppliers, financial service providers and SMEs on how to protect their intellectual property rights.
Travis has a strong background in consumer law, contract and directors’ liabilities disputes, and has acted in high profile South Australian decisions. Travis has the well-rounded experience and knowledge needed to advocate for clients and resolve disputes commercially, including advocacy experience in the Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court and all South Australian courts.
Travis has a keen interest in the Defence industry, and is a current serving board member of the Defence Teaming Centre, one of Australia’s leading defence industry advocacy bodies. He is particularly interested in International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and has presented seminars to defence industry leaders on this topic.
He is also a tutor at both the University of Adelaide and University of South Australia Law Schools, where he teaches intellectual property and contract law. He also regularly contributes to Law Society publications, committees and seminars.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Litigation (Adelaide, AU) in ‘Ones to Watch’ – Since 2023 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Intellectual Property & TMT Law Rising Stars – South Australia, since 2023 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Stay or go? It’s (sort of) a taxing business – WorldECR, 6 September 2023
- Primed for Export: The Risks of Inadvertent Breaches of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations – Hearsay, The Legal Podcast, 11 August 2023
- MinterEllison, Holding Redlich, Piper Alderman highlighted in Best Lawyers Australia 2024 – Australasian Lawyer, 25 April 2023
- Life as a defence industry lawyer – Lawyers Weekly, 31 October 2022
- There’s so much going on in the defence industry – Lawyers Weekly, 29 September 2022
- Board Member, Defence Teaming Centre
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Tutor – University of South Australia Law School
06 December 2023
The Australian Naval Nuclear Power Safety Bill 2023 (Cth) – pathway to naval nuclear safety...Read More
01 November 2023
Cantarella Bros Pty Ltd v Lavazza Australia Pty Ltd – How to determine “ordinary signification”Read More
25 September 2023
The trade mark ‘7NOW’ and the importance of using your Registered Trade MarkRead More
29 June 2023
The US AUKUS Undersea Act, ITAR & Transfer of US Nuclear Submarines to AustraliaRead More
01 May 2023
Reputation in a Registered Trade Mark not a factor for Deceptive Similarity: Self Care IP...Read More
01 February 2023