Ted is an infrastructure, construction and mining lawyer with more than 25 years’ experience in both private practice and as general counsel.
Ted’s international experience has been gained in a range of projects, including projects in the PPP, mining, road, rail, energy, resources, waste/water, manufacturing and pharmaceutical sectors and on educational, commercial, retail, sporting and residential developments. His expertise includes contract preparation and negotiation, procurement, joint ventures, consortium agreements, advising on project risk, claims management, dispute resolution, environmental and safety compliance, professional and contractors’ indemnity, workplace relations, insolvency, governance and anti-corruption. His clients have included government, developers, sponsors, contractors, operators, financiers and consultants.
Ted was previously General Counsel at Thiess Pty Ltd, one of Australia’s leading construction mining, and services contractors. He led a large team in the delivery of legal services across the Asia Pacific region providing legal, strategic, commercial, governance, corporate, compliance, ethics and risk management advice all levels of the business. In addition to the his work in relation to large scale infrastructure, construction and mining projects, Ted has also advised on a wide range of legal issues including commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, governance, dispute resolution, employment and industrial relations, environmental, health and safety and anti-corruption control.
Ted advises participants at all levels in the delivery of construction, mining and infrastructure projects and has held partnerships in law firms in Europe and Australia.
The ‘commercially savvy’ ‘Ted Williams, whose ‘industry standing carries weight in negotiations with other parties’ a trusted adviser on the most sensitive and complicated matters’.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Construction
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Construction/Infrastructure Law
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended Lawyer for Construction – 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Doyle’s Guide- Recommended Lawyer for Front-End Construction & Infrastructure, QLD – 2017, 2018, 2019
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Construction & Infrastructure, QLD – 2019
Recent deals and media coverage
- ASX-listed company advised on $325m redevelopment project – Lawyers Weekly, 9 March 2017
- Foreign Bribery: Australia’s loss is America’s gain – www.michaelwest.com.au, 30 July 2016
- Exclusive: National firm recruits high-profile GC – Lawyers Weekly, 27 March 2015
- Queensland Major Contractors Association
17 May 2019
“Near enough notice is not good enough notice” – requirements for strict compliance with contractual...Read More
21 February 2019