Chris practises in the area of employment, workplace relations, and safety. He has extensive experience in the Victorian and Federal industrial relations and discrimination tribunals.
Chris advises and represents employers on issues involving unjust dismissal claims, anti-discrimination claims, enterprise bargaining, industrial disputes, employment disputes and drafting of employment contracts.
Chris also advises and defends corporate clients in respect of investigations and prosecutions by government regulators.
“Chris Hartigan sets a high standard. He has expert knowledge and a great network that he extends to me where my questions are outside of his expertise. He delivers high standards of work on time and is collaborative in his approach. He engages with his clients and brings clients together to raise awareness about contemporary issues. Even though he is a partner, he is always available when I need him.”
Client Testimony: National Transport Company – National Risk and Human Resources Manager
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Education Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Employee Benefits Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Labour and Employment Law (Melbourne, AU) – Since 2016 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Labour and Employment – 2019 & 2022 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Employment (Employer Representation) – Vic, 2012 to 2018
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Finalist for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year – 2016, 2017 & 2018
Recent deals and media coverage
04 June 2020
Employment Relations Podcast #11 – Current and Post COVID-19 Employment Restructuring: What Options Does Your...Read More
29 April 2020
Webinar Q&As: Employment Relations National Seminar Series – Managing Mental Health in the WorkplaceRead More
31 March 2020
JobKeeper Payment – A Wage Subsidy Scheme for Businesses Affected by CoronavirusRead More
31 March 2020