Piper Alderman advises private investor on acquisition of Armstrong Flooring
Piper Alderman has advised the Cowes Bay Group generally on the acquisition of substantially all the business and assets of Armstrong Flooring Pty Ltd, a manufacturer and distributor of resilient flooring products in Australia and New Zealand, as part of a court-supervised auction and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding relating to Armstrong Flooring Pty Ltd’s US parent.
Armstrong Flooring Pty Ltd is the wholly-owned Australian subsidiary of a US entity, Armstrong Flooring, Inc., which is the subject of a Chapter 11 proceeding in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
A court-supervised auction was commenced for the sale of Armstrong Flooring, Inc. and its assets, including the business and assets of Armstrong Flooring Pty Ltd.
With the assistance of Piper Alderman, the Cowes Bay Group participated in the auction process, and was the successful bidder, for the business and assets of Armstrong Flooring Pty Ltd.
The Piper Alderman deal team (in collaboration with Vinson & Elkins LLP), led by Principal Bruce Cameron, with support from Partner, Carlyna Chhen, Principal, Chris Hartigan, Senior Associate, Jack Bourke and Associate, Andrew Cutler, advised the Cowes Bay Group across all stages of the matter including:
- preliminary negotiations and due diligence;
- preparation and submission of qualified bid materials required for participation in the auction process;
- drafting and negotiating the US and Australian asset purchase agreements and a land sale contract, as well as the ancillary documents required to effect the transaction;
- and related matters in respect of the transaction, including complex cross-jurisdictional issues, the conduct of the auction and the Chapter 11 proceeding, and employment relations, intellectual property and transitional services matters.
Related media coverage:
- Armstrong Flooring sold at auction following bankruptcy – Lawyers Weekly, 31 August 2022