Alasdair has over 20 years’ experience providing strategic and timely advice to a range of public and private clients in the areas of corporate and commercial law.
His practice covers corporate advisory, acquisitions and disposals, capital raising (both in public and private markets), corporate structuring and re-structures, corporate governance, collective investment arrangements (including managed investment funds, joint ventures and other strategic alliances), financial services (including the licensing and regulation of financial products and financial service providers), commercialisation of intellectual property, private equity and venture capital investments, and general commercial contracts.
Alasdair has significant cross border and direct foreign investment experience, having worked in Australia, Europe and North America. He has been awarded a First Class Honours degree in Law from the Australian National University, and a Master of Laws from the University of Sydney and is recognised for his expertise in a number of legal guides, including The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific.
‘I have worked with Alasdair McLean for four years now and always found him exceptional to deal with. He takes time to understand our issues and the intricacies of our businesses. I find the personal approach, genuine interest, and care of great value and reassurance.‘
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Corporate and M&A, 2021 edition – Testimonials
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Corporate and M&A – 2019 & 2021 editions
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended Lawyer for Corporate/M&A – Vic, 2016 to 2019
Recent deals and media coverage
- Leading firms help create Australia’s largest integrated drinks and hospitality business – Australasian Lawyer, 11 July 2019
- Merger to create ‘Australia’s largest’ hospitality group – Lawyers Weekly, 11 July 2019
- Principal flags appetite in Melbourne legal market – Lawyers Weekly, 10 June 2019
- Australia shows Chinese stocks the door – Nikkei Asian Review, 23 May 2019
- Law firm merger 1 year on – Lawyers Weekly, 27 November 2018
- National jumps on mid-tier merger express – Lawyers Weekly, 9 October 2017
- Piper Alderman merges with Norton Gledhill – Australasian Lawyer, 6 October 2017
30 March 2020