Bianca is a Partner in Piper Alderman’s corporate team, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, inbound investment and corporate governance. In addition, her practice involves providing general corporate and commercial advice to clients throughout the lifecycle of their businesses.
She has positioned herself as a trusted advisor to a large variety of Australian and international clients ranging from private family businesses, family offices and not for profits to large corporates and fund managers.
Bianca has a wealth of experience conducting due diligence processes and negotiating and facilitating corporate transactions.
She also has extensive experience advising clients on the application of Australia’s foreign investment regime and foreign investment approvals and sits on the Foreign Investment Committee of the Law Council, which is FIRB’s ministerially approved consultation body for certain purposes.
Alongside her legal expertise, Bianca draws upon her accounting, corporate governance, risk management and other practical commercial skills to add real value to her clients and their businesses.
Over her career, Bianca has developed particular expertise advising clients investing and operating in the food, wine and agribusiness sectors. She is also actively involved in the wine industry, being a board member of Clare Valley Wine and Grape Association Inc.
“Bianca’s ‘down to earth’ approach and willingness to bring the parties together to discuss alternative options was certainly appreciated and I would welcome the opportunity to work with her in the future.”
Client Testimony: Founding Cluster Participant
“I cannot speak highly enough of the service provided by the team at Piper Alderman, and would specifically call out Simon and Bianca for their efforts. The team showed unwavering commitment, patience and flexibility throughout what was a landmark transaction for the region and in turn for our investors.”
“The Wine Grape Council of SA were thrilled with the level of knowledge, professionalism and final outcomes delivered by Bianca Jennings and her team at Piper Alderman.”
Client Testimony: Lisa Bennier, Business Manager of WGCSA
“A critical part of any cross-border transaction is getting good legal advice in the relevant foreign jurisdiction and that is absolutely what we received from Piper Alderman. Bianca was instrumental in helping us navigate the complex regulatory landscape in Australia and obtain approval for the transaction. We also relied heavily on the Piper Alderman team to ensure our business in Australia would operate in compliance with local laws after closing. With their broad range of legal skills and commitment to service, we are happy to remain a client today.”
Client Testimony: Nate Davis, Senior Corporate Counsel of Precisely
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Corporate Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2022 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific – Australia, Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A, 2021 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended lawyer in Leading Agribusiness Lawyers & Law Firms, SA, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended lawyer in Leading Corporate Lawyers, SA, 2020
- Doyle’s Guide – Recommended lawyer in Leading Commercial Lawyers & Law Firms, SA, 2018
- Australasian Lawyer – ‘Rising Star’ in 2016
- Board Member, Clare Valley Wine & Grape Association Inc.
- Member, Law Council of Australia (Business Law Section)
- Committee Member, Law Council of Australia Foreign Investment Committee
- Member, Women on Boards
- Member, Agribusiness Australia Ltd
- Member, International Wine Law Association (Australasian Section)
- Member, Rural Media South Australia
02 December 2020
Australia’s foreign investment (FIRB) regime reforms – where are we up to?Read More
11 June 2020
Major changes on the horizon for Australia’s foreign investment (FIRB) regimeRead More
30 March 2020
Significant temporary changes to foreign investment review board (FIRB) requirementsRead More
20 November 2020
Diversification of project portfolio while avoiding re-compliance with Chapters 1 and 2 for ASX CompanyRead More
05 December 2019