David has over 30 years’ experience acting exclusively for employers and employer associations.
His practice covers all areas of employment and industrial relations laws which are of concern to employers and extends from strategic and defensive advice through to the resolution of litigation and disputes.
David can also provide specialist advice on issues relating to employment contracts, independent contractor arrangements, enterprise bargaining, redundancies, termination of employment, sale of business, work health and safety, discrimination and workers’ compensation. He regularly provides advice at Board level and to Senior Executives and Human Resources Managers.
David Ey is ‘very experienced’ and provides ‘detailed, well-thought-through advice’.
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Labour and employment
- Australian Financial Review Client Choice Awards – ‘Most Client-Focused Lawyer’ – 2018 Finalist
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Labour and Employment Law “Lawyer of the Year” (Adelaide, AU) – 2014, 2019 & 2022 editions
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Occupational Health & Safety Law “Lawyer of the Year” (Adelaide, AU) – 2016 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Labour & Employment Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2013 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Occupational Health & Safety Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2014 edition
- Doyle’s Guide – Preeminent Lawyer for Employment (Employer Representation), SA 2018
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Employment & Industrial Relations, SA since 2013
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Workplace Health & Safety, SA 2018
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Finalist for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year – 2016, 2017 & 2018
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended Lawyer for Labour & Employment Law – 2015, 2018 & 2019
- Industrial Relations Society of South Australia
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Australian Labour Law Association
20 October 2020
Government directions to require online-education only may not be a “stoppage” of work that allows...Read More
29 April 2020
Webinar Q&As: Employment Relations National Seminar Series – Managing Mental Health in the WorkplaceRead More
31 March 2020
JobKeeper Payment – A Wage Subsidy Scheme for Businesses Affected by CoronavirusRead More
31 March 2020
Urgent update on COVID-19 Industrial Issues – Commission allows changes to the Clerks Award in...Read More
18 February 2020