Erin has over fifteen years’ experience in providing advice to employers and employer associations on all aspects of occupational health and safety, employment and industrial relations law as well as delivering essential information seminars and training workshops on key employment issues.
Erin has extensive experience providing advice in relation to performance management, misconduct investigations and unfair dismissal claims, bullying, discrimination and harassment matters and occupational health and safety issues including risk management and policy development.
In particular, Erin has been involved in numerous enterprise bargaining processes for large organisations across industry sectors, supporting clients in the planning, negotiation and implementation stages of the process.
Erin is a co-author with Professor Andrew Stewart and Elise Jenkin of Parental Leave: A User-Friendly Guide, published by Thomson Reuters in December 2011.
As a part of our national team, Erin advises clients in all states and territories in Australia.
‘Erin McCarthy is a fantastic lawyer based in Adelaide with an exceptional knowledge base as an employer lawyer, but has the capacity to be very practical and explain things to executives who are time poor and want answers.’
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Labour and employment, 2020 edition – Testimonials
- Best Lawyers in Australia – ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for Occupational Health & Safety Law (Adelaide) – 2017
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Labour & Employment Law – Since 2014
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Occupational Health & Safety Law – Since 2016
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Human Rights Law – Since 2020
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Employment & Industrial Relations, SA since 2014
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Workplace Health & Safety, SA since 2016
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Finalist for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year – 2016, 2017 & 2018
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Labour & employment– 2017 edition
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Industrial Relations Society of South Australia
- Australian Labour Law Association
- Board Member, Bedford Phoenix Inc
- Board Member, Bedford Group Limited
- Board Member, Rural Doctors Workforce Agency
13 March 2020
Employment Relations Podcast #8 – COVID-19 and Work Health and Safety ObligationsRead More
13 November 2017
Can an employer sue its former employee for pre-employment misrepresentations?Read More
07 February 2017