Erin has over fifteen years’ experience in providing advice to employers and employer associations on all aspects of occupational health and safety, employment and industrial relations law as well as delivering essential information seminars and training workshops on key employment issues.
Erin has extensive experience providing advice in relation to performance management, misconduct investigations and unfair dismissal claims, bullying, discrimination and harassment matters and occupational health and safety issues including risk management and policy development.
In particular, Erin has been involved in numerous enterprise bargaining processes for large organisations across industry sectors, supporting clients in the planning, negotiation and implementation stages of the process.
Erin is a co-author with Professor Andrew Stewart and Elise Jenkin of Parental Leave: A User-Friendly Guide, published by Thomson Reuters in December 2011.
As a part of our national team, Erin advises clients in all states and territories in Australia.
‘Erin McCarthy, in particular, is amazing. She can converse with our managers, board, HR team and executive and convey information in real terms that people understand. She is down to earth, has a sense of humour, and gets our business because has taken time to learn about our operations and risk appetite etc…’
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Labour and employment, 2021 edition – Testimonials
- Best Lawyers in Australia – ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for Occupational Health & Safety Law (Adelaide) – 2017
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Labour & Employment Law – Since 2014
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Occupational Health & Safety Law – Since 2016
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Human Rights Law – Since 2020
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Employment & Industrial Relations, SA since 2014
- Doyle’s Guide – Leading Lawyer for Workplace Health & Safety, SA since 2016
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Finalist for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year – 2016, 2017 & 2018
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Labour & employment– 2017 & 2021 editions
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Industrial Relations Society of South Australia
- Australian Labour Law Association
- Board Member, Bedford Phoenix Inc
- Board Member, Bedford Group Limited
- Board Member, Rural Doctors Workforce Agency
29 April 2020
Webinar Q&As: Employment Relations National Seminar Series – Managing Mental Health in the WorkplaceRead More
02 April 2020
Employment Relations Podcast #9 – April 2020 update regarding the employment law considerations arising from...Read More
31 March 2020
JobKeeper Payment – A Wage Subsidy Scheme for Businesses Affected by CoronavirusRead More
31 March 2020
Urgent update on COVID-19 Industrial Issues – Commission allows changes to the Clerks Award in...Read More
13 March 2020