Kathryn is a leading projects lawyer specialising in energy, major projects and development. She has a strong focus on major infrastructure and renewable energy projects providing strategic commercial advice on significant construction and infrastructure, innovative renewable energy solutions, wind, solar and hybrid power plant projects, landfill gas projects, coal and gas fired power plants and emerging and new technologies Australia wide.
Kathryn regularly advises investors, developers, principals, operators, contractors and financiers on contractual documentation including drafting, reviewing and negotiating tenders and construction documentation, EPC contracts, infrastructure agreements, providing procurement and project delivery advice, PPP models, environmental compliance and licencing, land use approvals and access, land and groundwater contamination, Native Title, , Australian Energy Regulator compliance and enforcement, National Electricity Market advice, power purchase agreements, offtake agreements, renewable energy projects, water allocations and licenses, biodiversity conservation and all related disputes.
Kathryn draws on her practical skills and comprehensive industry knowledge obtained through her many associations and committees to add real value to her clients. Highly regarded by her peers, Kathryn has also received recognition from industry bodies including the Urban Development Institute of Australia (SA) Awards for Excellence – Women in Leadership Award in 2020 and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Next Generation Partner in 2021.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Construction/Infrastructure Law (Adelaide, AU) – Since 2021 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Recommended for Energy (transactions and regulatory), 2020 & 2021 editions
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Recommended for Construction, 2020 & 2021 editions
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Next Generation Partner, 2021 edition
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (SA) Awards for Excellence – Women in Leadership Award, 2020
Recent deals and media coverage
- Partner takes up new post at Piper Alderman – Lawyers Weekly, 13 December 2018
- Seasoned lawyer joins Piper Alderman in Adelaide – Australasian Lawyer, 12 December 2018
- SA’s best in urban development | Career built on strong need for change – The Advertiser, 27 October 2020
- Member, SACOME (SA) Energy Committee, 2021
- Chair, Ministerial Development Industry Advisory Committee, 2021
- Member, Urban Development Committee, Property Council of Australia (SA), 2021
- Member, Planning Committee and Executive Management Committee, Urban Development Institute of Australia (SA), 2021
- Member, HIA Planning Committee (SA), 2021
- Board member, Eldercare Inc.
03 June 2021
Wait your turn! Renewable projects at risk of “one at a time” sequencing protocols for...Read More
08 October 2020
Federal Budget boost to streamline Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act approval timeframes and reformsRead More
14 July 2020
Come On Feel The Noise: EPA releases discussion paper outlining proposed changes to the Environmental...Read More
20 May 2020
Resistance to the price surge: ACCC releases guidelines to assist market participants in compliance with...Read More
20 December 2019