Kathryn is a leading projects lawyer specialising in energy, infrastructure, approvals and land access. She has a strong focus on renewable energy projects providing strategic commercial advice on innovative renewable energy solutions, wind, solar and hybrid power plant projects, landfill gas projects, coal and gas fired power plants and emerging and new technologies Australia wide.
Kathryn regularly advises developers, principals, operators, contractors and financiers on environmental compliance and licencing, land use approvals and access, land and groundwater contamination, Native Title, embedded electricity and gas networks, Australian Energy Regulator compliance and enforcement, National Electricity Market advice, power purchase agreements, offtake agreements, renewable energy projects, drafting, reviewing and negotiating tenders and construction documentation, including EPC contracts, drafting infrastructure agreements, providing procurement and project delivery advice, advising on water allocations and licenses, biodiversity conservation and all related disputes.
Kathryn draws on her practical skills and comprehensive industry knowledge obtained through her many associations and committees to add real value to her clients.
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Construction/Infrastructure Law – Since 2021 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Australia – Recommended for Energy (transactions and regulatory) – 2020 edition
Recent deals and media coverage
- Member, SACOME (SA) Energy Committee
- Member, Executive Council (secretary) (SA Division) of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA)
- Chair, Ministerial Development Industry Advisory Committee
- Member, Property Council of Australia Urban Development Committee (SA)
- Member, Urban Development Institute of Australia (SA) Planning Committee and Executive Management Committee
- Member, MBA Housing Committee (SA)
- Member, HIA Planning Committee (SA)
- Board member, Eldercare Inc.
08 October 2020
Federal Budget boost to streamline Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act approval timeframes and reformsRead More
14 July 2020
Come On Feel The Noise: EPA releases discussion paper outlining proposed changes to the Environmental...Read More
20 May 2020
Resistance to the price surge: ACCC releases guidelines to assist market participants in compliance with...Read More
20 December 2019
Revised implementation plans for Coordination of Generation and Transmission Investment (COGATI)Read More
21 November 2019
Stakeholder submissions raise concerns over Coordination of Generation and Transmission Investment (COGATI) reform modelRead More
31 October 2019