Paul specialises in planning, environment and local government law, including litigation in the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales, compulsory acquisitions, civil and criminal prosecutions, heritage matters and due diligence advice work.
He has provided advice in the areas of town planning, environmental compliance and corporate governance to many private organisations and public authorities for over 20 years and has acted for numerous local councils in NSW during his career.
Paul is an Accredited Specialist with the NSW Law Society in Planning and Environment Law; a longstanding member of the Local Planning Panels for Northern Beaches, Georges River and Strathfield Councils, which he chairs and appears as an expert member.
Paul is also a member of the Law Society’s Environmental Planning & Development Committee and a member of the Specialist Accreditation Planning and Environment Law Advisory Committee.
Recent deals and media coverage
- Piper Alderman expands Sydney office with McCabes team – Australasian Lawyer, 17 February 2022
- Piper Alderman adds planning and environment team, and real estate partner, from McCabes – Lawyers Weekly, 31 January 2022
- Member, New South Wales Law Society, Environmental Planning and Development Law Committee
- Member, Specialist Accreditation Planning and Environmental Law Advisory Committee
- Member, Local Planning Panels for Northern Beaches, Georges River and Strathfield Council
09 June 2023
Court of Appeal determines that height of building control is not a jurisdictional fact in...Read More
21 September 2022
Timing is everything: deferred commencement conditions and the Covid prescribed period under the Environmental Planning...Read More
17 June 2022
Protecting Side Boundary Views of High Value: Furlong v Northern Beaches Council  NSWLEC 1208...Read More
13 April 2022
Focus on Affordability, not Design: Proposed Design & Place SEPP Abandoned by New Planning MinisterRead More
06 April 2022
Design Verification, Net Zero Compatibility and EV Charging Facilities: Amendments to the Environment Planning and...Read More
16 March 2022