Simon is a leading Australian commercial litigation lawyer.
He advises in large scale commercial disputes, trustee litigation, commissions of enquiry, regulatory proceedings and shareholder class actions. He regularly acts for plaintiffs and defendants in disputes funded by third party litigation funders.
He is recognised as a leading expert in Australia in commercial litigation by Asia Pacific Legal 500, Doyle’s and Best Lawyers.
‘Very experienced, practical litigator’ Simon Morris, who heads the group, is ‘a safe pair of hands’.
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Dispute resolution
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Alternative Dispute Resolution (Sydney, AU) – Since 2022 edition
- Best Lawyers in Australia – Recognised for Litigation (Sydney, AU) – Since 2020 edition
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended for Dispute resolution: litigation in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2021 editions
Recent deals and media coverage
- IMF Bentham, Pipers wins SEAS Sapfor forestry scheme case – Lawyers Weekly, 1 October 2019
- IOOF legal loss exposes it to tens of millions in compo – The Sydney Morning Herald, 28 September 2019
- Timber fight another blow to IOOF – Australian Financial Review, 10 March 2019
- Quintis auditor Ernst & Young named in third class action – Australian Financial Review, 25 May 2018
10 December 2020
Lexology Getting the Deal Through – Litigation Funding: Australia, 2021 EditionRead More
04 March 2020