Josh assists small to medium size growth companies with their corporate and commercial legal issues, focussing on the energy and resources sectors.
Josh regularly assists clients with capital raisings, business and company acquisitions, directors’ and shareholder disputes, shareholder and farm-in and joint-venture agreements.
Josh previously worked for NZX, the operator of New Zealand’s securities, derivatives and electricity markets, where he was involved in conducting investigations and proceedings into breaches of NZX’s Listing and Participant Rules and also assisting in NZX’s corporate activities, including the establishment of New Zealand’s central counter-party clearing house and acting as company secretary for LINK Market Services NZ (share registry).
‘Wide experience in the sector through Grieve (Sydney), and Steele (Brisbane). All practitioners are widely known in, and have a deep knowledge of, the oil and gas sector.’
The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific: Australia – Energy (Transactions and Regulatory), 2020 edition
Recent transaction and media coverage
- Piper Alderman reveals 17 mid-year promos – Lawyers Weekly, 25 June 2018
- Piper Alderman makes 17 promotions – Australasian Lawyer, 24 June 2018
- Robust Resources Limited – September, 2014
- Barrister and Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand
- Director, The Energy Policy Institute of Australia
- Member, Queensland Petroleum & Exploration Association
02 June 2016
Extending the reach of environmental protection in QLD – What the ‘Chain of Responsibility’ means...Read More
07 August 2015
The Mariner / Austock decision: A vote in favour of Directors taking calculated commercial risksRead More
29 June 2015